Rules of Participation
All reservations are considered final once a credit card has been placed to hold the reservation and you receive an email notifying you of your confirmation. There is a 10% cancellation fee processing fee. Participation may be refused if the maximum number of participants for a given tour or activity has been reached and a valid advance booking has not been secured prior to attending tour. The Company reserves the right to add, withdraw, substitute and/or vary advertised routes, prices and departure times without notice. However, reasonable effort will be made to maintain arrangements as advertised.
Please note that most dietary restrictions can be accommodated with a minimum of 24 hours advance notice. Any dietary requests received upon arrival at the venue that requires menu alterations may be charged a fee depending on the request and establishment. All venues, wines and menus are subject to availability and may change without notice.
As previously stated in the above section, most dietary restrictions can be accommodated with a minimum of 24 hours advance notice, however, should the venue be unable to accommodate, we will let you know in advance.
Hawaii State Liquor Law requires that the licensees are responsible for the proper checking of personal identification to determine whether someone is 21 (twenty-one) years or older. Documents acceptable as personal identification are limited to
A valid federal or state identification card; or
A passport; or
A valid state or international driver’s license
You MUST have one of the above acceptable personal identifications in your possession to be served alcohol at any of the venues. Hawaii Tasting Tours will not refund any portion of the tour fee if you do not have proper identification on your person to be served alcohol.
Hawaii State Liquor Laws prohibits serving alcohol to any person at the time under the influence of liquor, drugs, or any combination thereof, therefore, if any employee of the venue determines that you are under the influence of liquor, drugs, or any combination thereof and refuses to serve you alcohol, Hawaii Tasting Tours will not refund any portion of the tour fee.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the tour start time, as the tour must depart on schedule. Guests must be physically able to walk half a mile over the tour with ease and in comfort in order to participate on regular tours.
Gift Certificates are fully transferable and expire 1 year of date issued; are non-refundable and offer no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash. Gift certificates are not replaceable if lost, stolen or damaged and are only valid for the island booked.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
Bookings can be changed up to 48 hours (2 days) prior to the original tour date. We require a minimum 48 hours’ notice for: cancellation; head count changes; or rescheduling. Within 48 hours of the tour, no changes will be permitted with no exceptions or refunds. Credits cards are charged in full at time of booking. Note: there is a 10% cancellation fee.
GROUPS (6 or more Persons)
We may charge a group booking fee on the purchase of the tour and/or a change fee should group tours purchased be changed to another date or time. We require 1 week (7 consecutive days) notice for cancellations; head count changes; and/or rescheduling. Within 7 days of the tour, no changes will be permitted with no exceptions or refunds. Credits cards are charged in full at time of booking. Refunds will only be made to the person (s) who purchased the ticket and whose name appears on the same credit card used to complete the transaction. Hawaii Tasting Tours tickets are non-refundable and specific to the tour specified in the booking. Hawaii Tasting Tours walking tours and activities, rights or entitlements to tours and activities, shall not be offered for sale or resale, or resold or used for any commercial purpose, including without limitation promotion of any supplier or any supplier's products or services, without Hawaii Tasting Tours prior written permission. No shows will incur full cost charges/no refunds.
NO REFUNDS ONCE TOUR STARTS
Inappropriate or drunken behavior
Asked to leave venue due to behavior
Venue refusal to serve alcohol
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
By purchasing tickets and participating in the food and drink walking tours ("Tours") offered by Hawaii Tasting Tours ( "Company"), and in consideration for being allowed to participate in the Tours, (“Participant”) agrees to be bound by each of the following provisions of this Waiver and Release; release of liability, indemnification, consent to medical attention and grant of rights:
1. TOURS: All Participants must obey the directions and instructions of the Company’s guide and must not disturb other Participants or interfere with the Company guide's ability to conduct the tour in a safe manner.
2. PARTICIPATION: I acknowledge and agree that my participation in the Tours is completely voluntary and of my own will. I acknowledge that I am in good health and suffer from no physical or mental ailments, or any other condition that would make me susceptible to injury, disability or any other harm while participating in the Tours. If the Company and/or vendors believe my actions are dangerous, upsetting, or causing annoyance to other customers, guests or staff, the Company and/or the vendor may end my booked arrangements immediately. I understand that I am responsible for my personal safety.
3. ASSUMPTION OF RISK & INDEMNIFICATION: I assume all risks, known and unknown, foreseeable and unforeseeable, in any way connected with my participation in the Tours. I accept personal responsibility for any liability, injury, loss, or damage in any way connected with my participation in the Tours with the Company (except gross negligence or intentional torts). I fully comprehend and accept all of the risks associated with my participation in the Tours including, but not limited to; injury or death resulting from exposure to unfavorable weather conditions, food sickness, allergic reactions, choking, injuries from accidents or mishaps, other participants, motor vehicles, pedestrians and or any other causes. I understand that the Tours take place in public venues under conditions largely beyond Company's control. I agree to defend and indemnify the Company, its affiliates, and/or their respective suppliers and any of their officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claims, causes of action, demands, recoveries, losses, damages, fines, penalties from these risks.
4. WAIVER, RELEASE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE.: I hereby waive any and all past, present, and/or future claims against, and releases and agrees not to sue the Company (whether individually or collectively), nor any other persons or entities associated therewith for any such claims of any nature whatsoever (except for gross negligence or intentional torts) which claims arise from participation in the Tours.
5. CONSENT TO MEDICAL TREATMENT: I authorize the Company to provide to me, through medical personnel of its choice, customary medical assistance, transportation, and emergency medical services. This consent does not impose a duty upon or by the Company to provide such assistance, transportation, or services. The Company will not be responsible for loss or damage arising from a Participant's failure to obey the Company’s instructions or from any pre-existing medical or psychological condition.
6. SEVERABILITY: If any provision of this Waiver is for any reason declared to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions will not be affected. The invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified to the extent necessary to render it valid and enforceable, and if no modification may render it valid and enforceable, this Waiver will be construed as if not containing such provision and the rights and obligations of the parties will be construed and enforced accordingly.
7. MISCELLANEOUS TERMS: I hereby grant to Company the unrestricted right and permission to copyright and use photographic portraits, pictures, video footage and/or audio recordings of my participation in the Tours, in which I may be included intact or in part, including the negatives, prints, transparencies or digital information relevant to such portraits (the "Material"). Company has the right to reproduce, exhibit, distribute, broadcast, digitize, edit, or otherwise use the Material, by any method and in any media, whether now existing or later created, without restriction throughout the world, by incorporating the Material into its website, publications, catalogues, brochures, books, magazines, or commercial, informational, educational, advertising, or promotional materials relating thereto (collectively, the "Works'). I agree that Company is and shall be the exclusive owner of all right, title, and interest, including copyright, in the Material and the Works. I further grant to Company an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use my name, age, and hometown in connection with the Material and the Works.
8. AGENCY: Where an agent on behalf of Hawaii Tasting Tours enters into a sale, booking or any other transaction then that agent shall indemnify Hawaii Tasting Tours for any loss, damage or expense incurred by Hawaii Tasting Tours LLC as a result of any misrepresentation, breach of contract or act of negligence by the agent.
9. CHOICE OF LAW: This Waiver & Release will be construed according to the laws of the State of Hawaii.
THIS IS A WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY. I HAVE READ THIS ENTIRE DOCUMENT. I UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY AGREEING TO ITS PROVISIONS. BY CONTINUING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE TOURS, I AM INDICATING MY VOLUNTARY AGREEMENT TO THE PROVISIONS OF THIS WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY.